Spiders and Fall

I can't even handle spiders.

Unless they are fake ones, bound in a shadow box.
Then they become sort of cute. Sort of.
favorite shelf

I brought an old shadow box down from my room and wanted to cut
off spider rings to make a Halloween-ish bug display.

When I went to Michael's, I didn't find your average spider rings.
I found these bad boys! Perfect!
spider ring

I cut the ring off, and put them in with a straight pin.
spiders 2

As I continued to fill up my shelves with fall fun, I broke out the Martha glitter.
Man, I love Martha glitter.
I just printed out what I wanted, covered it with tacky glue and glittered away!
boo

Then I gathered up some old stuff, some more stuff from different rooms and
I bought a few inexpensive frames from IKEA.

I threw it all together with the help of my good friend who is very talented and is
blessed with a "decorators eye." Everyone needs a good friend like that!
She still hasn't put the finishing touches on, but I already love it!
shelves

Here are some of the tips she gave me.
tips

So with a little project here and there, and some help from my friend,
it is starting to feel all fall and cozy in our home...
(And I'm really loving my turquoise buffet with the orange pumpkins).
buffet

The only thing cramping my "fall style" is that it still hot! 100 today!!!
I'm going to ignore that minor detail and soak up all things fall.

You know what else would make me feel all "fall" inside.
Some pumpkin frozen yogurt, or better yet, I'm breaking out some pumpkin bread.

Happy Fall, Ya'll!

I'm linking to Tidy Mom, Today's Creative Blog, Ain't She Crazy and Blue Cricket Design!

Labels: , ,