Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries

Raise your hand if you would love a huge chocolate-dipped strawberry.

choc strawberries

This is a tried and true classic and since I keep melty chocolate on hand, it's easy.
Strawberries aren't quite in season, but they are available -not cheap- but available.

I'm always surprised at how many people ask me how to do this.
If you haven't tried it, be confident that you can do this.

One thing that is important to wash and thoroughly dry your strawberries.
strawberries

Then, if you're using melty chocolate (the kind meant for melting), just warm it in the microwave or stove top.
If you're using fancy, quality chocolate, use a double boiler.
choc

Now dip and do a few small, fast flicks in the bowl to get the excess off.
dipped

Now this is where double-dipping and triple-dipping is accepted and encouraged.
Let them dry (refrigerate for 10 min) completely before multiple dips.
I couldn't resist experimenting with my jumbo heart sprinkles on these too!
versions

I'm just sayin', it would be a very lovely gesture to make these for your Valentine.

Oh, and put your hand down, for pete's sake.

Labels: ,