Breaking Up With Fondant

I'm breaking up with fondant.

It wasn't a very long or serious relationship.  And maybe if I would have put more time into it and made it a priority, it could've been so much more.  It's just each time we spend time together, I end up frustrated or mad.  It's not a healthy relationship, and it's an expensive one, at that!  Fondant is supposed to yield perfect results, but it just gives me wrinkles and bumps.

From afar, this recent cake adventure looks good.  And my friend was so kind to say that it was great.
But it was buckling a little on the sides.  Then fondant was sagging away from the butter cream.  I don't know if it was the 105 degree weather, or if it's just that fondant is mean to me.
IMG_6024

I thought the bow and stars turned out pretty good, not perfect but good.
IMG_6022

I start thinking things are okay with fondant and I, then I look and see how fondant is around other girls.
Like Jessicakes!  Seriously!  Her cakes are crazy amazing!  (Thanks Nina for showing me her site)
IMG_6019

I'm not ruling out the possibility of us getting back together.  It's just that I need to learn a lot before I can deal with our relationship and how you are.

Sorry fondant, no hard feelings.  It's not you, it's me...

Labels: