Spring Topiaries

This place needed a little cheering up.
So I brought Spring indoors with these simple topiaries.
one

They're not terribly original, but they are simple and easy!  I painted some plain old terra cotta pots.  Then I put floral foam in, a stick, then hot glued some moss to cover the foam.  Then I popped a styrofoam ball on top.  I just picked the size that would look good in relation to the size of the pots.
supplies

The only thing I had to buy was a hydrangea stem.
They're on major sale this time of year.
bloom

I cut it up and hot glued them onto the styrofoam ball.
IMG_3470

I decided I like the smaller flowers better.  The bigger blooms look a little wild for the size ball I had.
This is where you can learn from my mistakes.  :)
no bow

Last but not least, I thought they needed a bow.  I grabbed some ribbon scraps and...
topiaries

Now I have a touch of Spring in the house.
Let's hope it can put a "spring" in my step!  I've got to get motivated for Spring cleaning!

Labels: ,