Spooktacular Buttercream Frosting

Happy Halloween!
ghost cupcakes

I was asked for my frosting recipe by several people at the wedding.
I had to make it again to make sure I remembered exactly what I did.
So now I have it written down... You want it?

This is my current favorite buttercream frosting recipe.
It has more butter than crisco, making it a really buttery, buttercream!
This is basically a double recipe and will frost lots and lots of cupcakes!

{I use my paddle attachment on my kitchen aid mixer}
Cream 1 3/4 cups of real, salted butter
and 1/4 cup of crisco.
Add 1 tsp kosher salt
and 2 tsp vanilla.
Now you are going to pour in a 2 lb. bag of powdered sugar (slowly so it doesn't make a mess).
Start with half the bag, then add 1/4 cup milk, then add the other half of the bag.

This makes a nice, stiff frosting that you can throw in a bag
(with no tip, just cut off about an inch at the tip) and swirl out a pile of frosting.
You can get vibrant beautiful colors with gel food coloring.
candy corn cupcake

If you want it a little softer, add a little more milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time until you like the consistency.

I hope everyone has had a safe and happy holiday.

You still have one more day to GO VOTE!!!
I can't wait to show you how my sister and I did our paint project!

Labels: ,