Cute Witch

Jenna wanted to be a "cute witch" for Halloween. Not a mean one. Not a green one.
collage

So the whole thing was inspired by the witch hat I got from a friend, years ago.
It was originally from pbkids, and I just loved the gingham brim.

So I found some matching fabric and some other fun halloween fabrics.
I didn't use a pattern, which I kinda regret.
The bodice turned out a little bigger than I like, but I'm too lazy to redo it.
A waistband can cover that up a little bit.
cute witch 2

I'll admit I had to pick out a sleeve 3 times and I got a little frustrated.
I don't know why I was surprised it didn't turn out exactly as it was in my mind,
with my limited sewing knowledge and all.

But then I remind myself that "as long as she likes it, that's all that matters."
And she does love it! She loves her spiderweb tights.
tights

She loves her sparkly broom. (You can't really see the sparkles in this picture).
broom

The fabric and all was about $20.00 which I'm good with!

And the snaggletooth (that loose one in the front) was free!
tooth

This is her best impression of a mean witch. Yep, she's still smiling! She better stick with the cute witch.
mean witch

Next up, a gypsy costume. Any ideas or inspiration?


Now for some news! I entered a little contest over on SEW DANG CUTE.
Contestant-Button
I don't know what I was thinking, thinking I could hang with all of this amazing talent.
But I couldn't resist the chance at working with the "stars" (the big-time crafters).

Well, low and behold, we are in the finals (top 12)!
I'm so excited and nervous. I told Kass we gotta muster up our "A" game, whatever that is.
Good thing we will have the help of Cheri of "It's So Very Cheri."

Anyway, we will be posting a project over on sewdangcute.blogspot.com this weekend,
then people VOTE! I hope all of our friends and followers will join in the fun and wish us luck!
Our assigned theme is:
Round-1

This is giving me a jolt of motivation to do a project I've been wanting to do for a while.

Labels: ,