Art Birthday Party

After being completely worn out after the Alice in Wonderland party, I encouraged/forced my little girls to have a combined birthday party. They are only 2 years and 2 weeks apart, share a room, have the same friends, really a no brainer. They had to agree/compromise/fight over a theme and they decided on an ART PARTY.

I used my Locker Talk Cricut Cartridge to make the invites.

Untitled-2

In a state of temporary insanity I decided to have the 20 girls under 8 years old paint. They actually did really well, took their time and I haven't had any parents say they found paint in their daughters hair or anything. I warned parents to send them in clothes that could get painted on but wanted to make a smock for the girls. In a compromise of cute (not too cute to get paint on), inexpensive, and I promise not to completely neglect all housework while this project gets done, I settled on making these little smocks.

077

I used a hand towel (the dish towels were the same size but happened to be more expensive). Cutting terrycloth is a messy nightmare so I cheated and just folded the corners down on the top and sewed with invisible thread. I sewed fabric along the bottom back of the towel and then folded it up to make a pocket and the fabric accent also became the ties. I added the same fabric up top for a neck strap.

144 edit

With canvases and paint, the girls were then ready to be professional artists.

107

104

156

The girls gave their painting a name and the art was ready to go to the art gallery.

152

I'm a "sucker" for bright colors and didn't have any strength for another cake so we ate some colorful cupcakes.
099

Opened some presents and then it was time to get their favors. I made sketchbooks out of composition notebooks. And added some colored pencils, crayons and scissors.

076

079

I think the little artists were happy. Except for the one, belonging to me, that had a fit. I spared you all a picture of that on the blog. You're welcome.

Linking up to The Girl Creative and Skip to my Lou and Under the Table and Dreaming

Labels: ,