The Disease of the Ugly Bathroom

For five long years I have been suffering from a disease called The Kids' Bathroom Is Ugly, Plain, and Sometimes Smelly and I Can't Force Myself To Go In It-itis.

Here are the symptoms....

White walls, white shower curtain, shower rod that doesn't actually attach to the wall, Oak cabinets.

153

The cure, as it turns out, is called The Kids Hate Their Bathroom Too and Won't Stop Using Mine and I Can Only Take So Much Toothpaste In My Sink-illin.

It took a little time to find a shower curtain that all four kids, boys and girls, could agree on. This one was a major compromise for my almost 13 year old son. Sorry to ruin your preteen manly mojo, dude.

007

I let them pick the paint color and the color of their towel. They thought I was encouraging individuality but really I just want to know who to yell at when the towel is on the ground. And painting those cabinets was like pulling off a bandaid, painful, but it had to be done.

008

Every throne needs a crown...

010

And every kid needs subtle reminders...

009

I survived the disease of the white bathroom for far too long. I don't know where the bee in my bonnet was on that one. Now, I finally have my bathroom back and can actually look in the kids' bathroom when I walk by instead of pretending I've lost all peripheral vision :)

Linking up here...

Thrifty Decor Chick
Blue Cricket Design

Labels: ,