Pizookie Love!

Lets kick off treat week with the perfect end to a romantic dinner.

first

I know my husband would hands down prefer if I made him a spectacular
home cooked meal, while this baby was cooking in the oven.

I might get lazy and go out to dinner, but I can still have this up my sleeve for afterward.

So, you can call it a deep dish cookie, blonde brownie, or other namesakes, but, hello......

saying pizookie is way more fun!

The name is inspired by the dessert at BJ's.
I found a few knock off recipes on the internet, but I used a tweaked version of my chocolate cookie recipe.
Use your favorite one or this one if you want, but I believe if it is warm and covered in ice cream it will do the trick.

This recipe will make about 2, 8 inch skillet pizookies.
Or, you can make one and freeze the rest of the dough.
dough


You know what to do with this:

1/2 c butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Now you need a cast iron pan.
Remind me to do a whole post about my love of cast iron pans.
These babies get some serious use.

cast irons

I have made a pizookie in all three of these sizes: 8, 10 and 12.
The smaller makes it fun to just dig into the pan with 2-4 people.
With the bigger ones, I cut them up and serve them on plates.

Now you need to grease the pan with butter. A seasoned pan shouldn't stick,
but we need insurance, you know.

grease

Now fill the skillet with about 1/2 inch of dough. It will rise.

Cook at 350 until it gets slightly brown on top (about 18 min for the 8 inch).
I like it gooey in the middle!

Now you have this good looking dessert.
cooked cookie

Add vanilla, chocolate sauce (hot fudge is better), whip cream and some love.

By love, I mean chocolate hearts.
hearts

You can make these by melting wilton candy melts in the spueezie bottles I love, mentioned here.
Now draw a heart on some wax paper,
put it in the fridge for 5 minutes and turn it over for a smooth beautiful heart.

The perfect garnish for your pizookie and your sweetheart.

last

You will fall in love with this pizookie and I say,
it is the perfect thing to share with the one you love.

p.s. Don't forget to come back for more of "treat week."

I'm linking to bake at 350, today's creative blog and a Soft Place to Land.

Labels: ,