Fancy Nancy Party

If you have a little girl, you have probably read Fancy Nancy.
books

Jenna loves this series and wanted a Fancy Nancy style birthday party this year.

So I took some pictures of her, all fancied up...
photo shoot

And I made fancy invitations...
invitation

Then I ordered from the tried and true oriental trading company. I got crowns, rings, necklaces, candy, sunglasses, etc.
I got the boas from my local craft store.
fancy nancy 1

I had fun making this banner with my cricut.
banner

Jenna was stoked and ready to go!
fancy nancy

We put this on the front door, trying to use fancy words.
sign on door

When they got here, they signed their name as fancy as they could.
autograph sheet

We read the story, in case some of the girls didn't know the story.
Then we started our Fancy Nancy Makeovers! We got hair styles, make-up and accessories.
IMG_2142
IMG_2138
wands

We had a little dancing, and a photo shoot. All the girls posed with all their accessories on. I used the individual ones for their thank-you cards. The group ones were really funny.

Next it was time for parfaits, just like Nancy.
ice cream
fancy nancy 4

I made mini cupcakes just because I thought it would be fancy.
I copied bakerella, but mine don't even come close to being as cute as her ever famous cake pops, but they do taste great!
cupcakes
Here, Jenna is trying to eat one with her pinky up, like it says in the book.
fancy nancy 5

I put sunglasses, lip gloss, , jewelry and of course candy in the little party bags.
party bags

Then my friend Karen gave me this Fancy Nancy Checklist which I shrunk down and put in the party bags.
party bags 2

I had a lot of fun throwing this party. My one regret was that it was a little too short, so I felt a little rushed.
I kept thinking, there may not be too many more years when I have a little girl that wants a dress up/ girlie party.
I will treasure the little girliness while I can.

Jenna of course loved it all. She loved the cooking presents she got and even got some new Fancy Nancy stuff.
She couldn't get enough of the phone.
fancy phone

Labels: , ,